Blue Sheet, Vol 7, No 8
Parents & Students,
Welcome to the Blue Sheet - our weekly announcements for Marching Band!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! - What a terrific couple of weekends we have had!!! Just to recap, the marching band had such a fantastic performance Saturday at Creekview - earning Best In Class, 2nd place Color Guard, Silver Grand Champion, and THIRD PLACE OVERALL with a score of 90.32 as a total band score. WOW!!! GO BEARS!!!
Special thanks to our wonderful parent volunteers for feeding our students, keeping us hydrated, maintaining our uniforms, and moving our equipment!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
THIS WEEK (10/1)
Monday - 3:45-5:30 Stadium Rehearsal **3:45-6 for Guard
Tuesday - NO REHEARSAL - FALL POPS CONCERT *
* We will have PAWS for a concert rehearsal in the auditorium
Thursday - 4-6:30 Parking Lot - yes we are practicing at 4pm!!
Friday - FLORIDA TRIP - See Itinerary**
** making one change - we will start rehearsal from 8:30-10:30 on Friday to take a little more time to break down equipment and load the trailer.
Saturday - See Itinerary
Sunday - See Itinerary
NEXT WEEK (10/8)
Monday - 3:45-5:30 Music Rehearsal
Tuesday - PAWS-5:30 Stadium
Wednesday - 3:45-6 Guard (Practice Field)
Thursday - 4-6:30 Parking Lot
Friday - Football vs. Johns Creek
Saturday - HOMECOMING - be safe!!!
CONTINUE TO COMMUNICATE
As an additional reminder - we have created a google form for the notification of absences. We know we are missing a few students this weekend due to the calendar change. Please use the following form for all absences moving forward:
FLORIDA PACKING LIST
I will also attach the list below as a PDF to this email if it’s easier to print as a checklist for your packing assistance:
- Instrument and Accessories
- Marching Shoes/Black Socks
- Under Uniform (white shirt and shorts)
- Cambridge shirt for bus ride on Friday (anything Cambridge is fine, our show shirt is great)
- Personal Hygiene Items (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, others as needed) Sleepwear
- “Bus Bag” (include any snacks, homework, games or movies, cell charger, water). Above “bus bag” can double as a show bag on Saturday and a beach bag on Sunday
- Saturday “bus bag” should have musical items, sunscreen, water bottle, etc.
- Beachwear for Sunday
- Sunday “bus bag” should include change of clothes for bus ride, and all other bus items from Friday
- Pack other clothes lightly as we won’t have much room in the bus bays after loading our uniforms and hat boxes.
- Under-uniform and uniform will be all that is needed for Saturday - it’s all about the show that day
- Sunscreen and bug spray will be good to add to the “bus bag” for Saturday and Sunday
- Pillow for bus is a plus - so is a sweatshirt/jacket
Ryan Borger & Katie Groves